top of page
The Presbyterian church in Castlebellingham was built in 1840 according to the date inscribed on the recessed shield above the front doors. The church is a freestanding, single storey building and has rendered walls and painted timber windows with diamond pattern cast-iron light panes.
According to Ireland’s National Inventory of Architectural Heritage
“The understated simplicity of this church contributes to its character. It retains some interesting architectural details such as Y-traceried windows with cast-iron lattices and tooled stone window and door surrounds.”
The church ceased to be a place of worship in the 1990s after the congregation moved to a more centralised location in Dundalk.
Donna McLoughlin purchased the chapel in 2015 and started the process of renovating the building to transform it into Woodside Chapel, an event venue that welcomes all.
The renovations took almost 12 months to complete using approved conservation methods and the result is a lovingly restored, historic building for weddings, naming ceremonies, memorial services and a host of other local and community events.
LISTEN TO WOODSIDE CHAPEL’S OWNER, DONNA BEING INTERVIEW ON LMFM LATE LUNCH
LMFM Late Lunch with Donna McLoughlin
00:00 / 15:39
bottom of page